Weapon Skins is a feature that allows Adventurers to change the appearance of their equipped weapon. It was added in version 1.14.0.
Overview[edit | edit source]
During quests, an Adventurer may equip a skin over their weapon, giving it the appearance of another weapon. The stats, skills, and abilities of the "real" weapon remain unchanged - for all intents and purposes, this is purely a cosmetic feature.
On the teams screen and in co-op rooms, units with an equipped weapon skin will have a blue eye icon displayed next to them. Tapping a unit in either place will then show the name of the "real" weapon in the unit's summary page.
Weapon skins can be disabled from view in co-op rooms by going to "Game" -> "Weapon Skin Display Settings" in the "More (Green Book)" -> "Options" menu.
Unlocking a Weapon Skin[edit | edit source]
Unlocking a weapon as a skin simply requires that the weapon have existed in the player's inventory at some point in time. After that, the weapon skin is permanently unlocked, even if the original weapon is lost via enhancing, dismantling, selling, etc.
- However, note that if a tier 2 or tier 3 weapon is crafted directly from the crafting tree, without the player having owned the lower tiers, those tiers will be skipped and their skins would not be unlocked, as they technically never existed in the player's inventory.
- Similarly, if a tier 2 or tier 3 weapon is obtained directly from a quest drop, quest reward, endeavor, etc, then its lower tiers will not be unlocked as they were never owned by the player.
- If the weapon is able to be dismantled, though, then it is still possible to obtain the lower-tier weapon skins that way.
A running count of the total available skins can be found below:
Equipping a Weapon Skin[edit | edit source]
To equip a weapon skin, go to the teams menu, tap an adventurer's equipped weapon, and then tap the "Weapon Skins" button in the bottom-right to select a skin. Note that skins can only mask weapons of the same weapon type: for example, a lance can be masked by another lance, but a lance cannot be masked by a wand.
Swapping the "real" weapon to a different one will instantly unequip whichever skin was currently in use.
Similar or identical Skins[edit | edit source]
Hundreds of weapons are available, however a large portion of those skins are similar in shape with a swapped color palette, or are outright identical visually:
- Most void weapons share models with Core Weapons, and only swap out the weapon's colors.
- further, tier 2 and tier 3 versions of a Void weapon on the same branch are identical in appearance.
- Weapons from Void Dragons, as well as Chimeratech Sword/Blade/Lance/Bows, don't re-use Core Weapon models. However, weapons within the same category simply swap colors: for example, a Shadow Staff and a Light Staff from Void Jeanne D'Arc are color-swaps of each other, but don't share models with Staves from any other source.
- High Dragon, Chimeratech, and Agito weapons each have 2 tiers that are identical in appearance.
On the Weapon Skins menu, similarity of skins is not considered: even if the player owns two skins that are identical, they are listed as two separate skins to choose from.
|Weapon A||Weapon B|
|Wizard's Rod||Sorcerer's Cudgel|
|Dark Filament||Black Dragon Bow|
Weapons that appear in adventurer portrait art[edit | edit source]
Several obtainable weapons appear wielded by adventurers in their portrait art:
Adventurers that cannot use Weapon Skins[edit | edit source]
A few adventurers have weapon-skin-like effects on their weapons by default. Due to this, they are not eligible to use the Weapon Skin feature at all - the button in the teams menu doesn't appear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the Walkies quest of the Wagabond Pupper event, all adventurers who are eligible for weapon skins will instead carry a small shovel. Adventurers that cannot use weapon skins will still carry their usual built-in skin. For example, Veronica will still hold her tome.