This page is currently in the process of being expanded on. Please note that there may be missing or incomplete information.
This is a guide on improving Dragalia Lost's performance on your device. An explanation of the settings offered in the game, and tips on optimizing performance further will be provided. For suggestions or improvements, contact User:LegendarySilke (discord).
Graphic Settings[edit | edit source]
Adjusts the quality of in-game visual effects and scene complexity. Has a significant impact on performance and visual quality. See below table for more details.
Toggles the frame rate of the game during quests.
Sets the rendering resolution of the game.
|Visual Effects for Adventurers You Aren't Controlling||
Toggles whether visual effects for non-controlled adventurers are shown with Visual Effects setting set to Good or better. Note that this setting does not affect Alberian Battle Royale.
The lowest quality setting available in Dragalia Lost, which can only be accessed with Minimal Mode enabled.
The second lowest quality setting available in Dragalia Lost.
The medium quality setting available in Dragalia Lost.
The high quality setting available in Dragalia Lost.
The highest quality setting available in Dragalia Lost.
Minimal Mode[edit | edit source]
Enabling Minimal Mode will set the Visual Effects to Basic but with further cutbacks, sharpness to Normal, as well as affecting other things:
- All voices are disabled.
- Music and sound effects are disabled during quests.
- Skill insets are disabled.
- The controlled adventurer's attack and skill effects are not shown.
- The minimap, combat log, and the Pause Settings menu are permanently disabled.
- The game can still be paused normally with the options to resume, retry or give up.
- It becomes impossible to configure Sound or Game settings as these tabs are locked in Minimal Mode.
Other performance tips[edit | edit source]
Things to do within the game[edit | edit source]
- Reduce the Visual Effects and Sharpness settings to the lowest you can accept.
- Very low Visual Effects and Sharpness settings may impede gameplay by removing information (e.g. affliction effects and/or affliction damage) or making text harder to read.
- Conversely, some players might find it difficult to tell the action apart at higher Visual Effects settings.
- It is possible to obtain a compromise by setting Visual Effects for Adventurers You Aren't Controlling to Off.
- Set the display preference of the home screen to 2D to increase performance outside of quests.
- Set the display preference of mana circles to 2D to increase performance while managing an adventurer's mana circle and decrease the time taken to load the mana circle.
- Disable skill insets to increase performance.
- Disable the combat log in the Options menu (not while within a quest) to increase performance.
Things to do outside the game[edit | edit source]
- Keep your device well-ventilated while playing the game. Heat will severely affect the performance of the device, and the game can slow down or stutter if the device overheats.
- Play in an air-conditioned room if playing in a warm environment.
- Depending on your device's behavior, either avoid playing the game while plugged in, or only play the game while it is plugged in.
- Some devices will heat up significantly as the battery drains due to the high power consumption incurred by the game. In this case, the game will perform better if the device is left plugged in at full charge.
- Other devices will heat up significantly if played while fully charged, due to the heat generated by the charging circuits. In this case, the game will perform better if the game is played only when the device is unplugged.
- Very high display brightness may cause the device to heat up, reducing performance.
- Playing the game outdoors under sunny weather may cause the onset of performance issues sooner than normal as automatic brightness will send the display to maximum brightness levels, in addition to heat from sunlight and the environment.
- Disable any power-saving modes on your device before starting the game, as they have a tendency to limit maximum performance of your device.
- If available, enable an optimized or high performance power mode on your device.
- This may be labelled "Optimized", "High Performance", "Gaming" or other similar labels.
- If the device provides a frame rate limiter, ensure that it is set to 60 FPS or above, or disabled entirely, to prevent inadvertent capping of frame rate.
- If the device permits setting the display resolution independently of the screen's actual resolution, set it to a reasonable value for gaming (usually 1080p, even on devices with QHD or 4K displays)
- Ensure that there is at least some amount of free space on your device to prevent any potential issues arising from the lack of storage space.
- If the game still performs unacceptably or crashes too frequently even at Minimal Mode, consider upgrading the device.
- The device should have a fast GPU. Many mid-range and flagship devices released within the last two years as of writing (May 31, 2020) will meet this criteria.
- iOS devices should have a minimum of 2 GB of RAM, preferably more.
- Android devices should have a minimum of 4 GB of RAM, preferably more. Some fast devices have 3 GB or less RAM; these devices should be avoided.
- Avoid Android devices that do not have Google services installed, as the game relies on their existence. This significantly affects new Huawei devices.
Appendix[edit | edit source]
Recommended Graphics Settings - a list of SoCs, GPUs, devices utilizing them, and recommended graphical settings for optimal performance of the game.